|Benefits of Joining NYSIA
NYSIA can help your self-insured business steer your way through New York State Workers’ Compensation Law and be your organization’s voice of reason and advocacy.
Become part of an informative and powerful network
As a member of NYSIA, your organization gains access to prominent professionals, some who lead their organizations’ self-insurance efforts regarding New York State workers’ compensation policies. As part of this exclusive network you will have first and best knowledge of developments in the regulatory environment including how to manage, pay or litigate claims from a roundtable of experts answering pressing questions on workers’ compensation claims administration.
Gain a voice and get your seat at the table
NYSIA, and you as a member, have a significant and strategic voice in the New York State and national conversation on workers’ compensation. For example:
- NYSIA has a longstanding and well-respected working relationship with all levels of the NYS Workers’ Compensation Board including the WCB’s Chair, General Counsel, and Executive Director. The WCB frequently requests NYSIA’s opinion on matters of concern in the workers’ compensation field.
- NYSIA is a member of the New York Business Council, the lobbying arm for businesses in New York State. As a member of its Workers’ Compensation Committee, the NYSIA has a prominent voice in all workers’ compensation initiatives.
- NYSIA Board of Managers comprise the Individual Self-Insurance Advisory Committee, which, by statute, meets with the Chair of the Workers’ Compensation Board twice a year.
- NYSIA is a member of the National Council of Self-Insurers, bringing back pertinent information to the membership on issues such as nationalizing workers’ compensation.
As a NYSIA member you also receive:
- Expert interpretation – in plain English – of relevant regulations and WCB processes from member-attorneys and claims professionals.
- Direct access to policy makers such as the Chair of the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board at NYSIA workshops.
- Having a voice with New York State legislators and other policy makers in government on issues that affect self insurance and workers’ compensation.
The New York Self Insurance Association is your network, your team, your information source and your access point to everything related to self insurance and workers’ compensation. Become a member today!